The Headquarters for the Natal Mounted Rifles is built in the Art Deco style and was the original control tower for the Stamford Hill Aerodrome.

The airport was built in the 1930’s with this sole surviving building built in 1937.

This airport was closed in the 1950’s and replaced with Louis Botha Airport ( Later  named Durban International Airport).

The building as well as the HQ , also has a museum and many old armored cars and tanks,and war memorials.


                       NMR front facade.
Memorial to commemorate Major Edwin Swales VC DFC – 1945
             Oliphant Tank exhibit
Natal Mounted Rifles – (old Stamford Hill Aerodrome control tower)