All that remains of the Natal Command HQ is the deteriorating front façade. The ownership of this site has been under dispute for nearly 20 years, after it was sold in dubious circumstances by the City.

The concrete sculptures were created by Mary Stainbank in 1937 and it took her five weeks to complete the work. Mary, from Coedmore, loved working in stone and this post shows her work as it is in 2020 and a newspaper cutting from 1937 that shows her at work on the building.

Natal Command and Mary Stainbank.