This beautiful Dutch Reformed Church, in the Warden main square was designed by architect FW Hesse and completed in 1924. The church with space for 1750 congregants dominates this small town.
Warden is now bypassed by the N3, so it is necessary to deviate into the town in order to get a glimpse. The church has distinctive rose glass-windows and a tall spire with clocks on the four quadrants supporting the spire.
Image: Hugh Bland